The Owensboro Museum of Fine Art has published 34 books documenting the culturally diverse exhibitions it has hosted and curated over the past four decades.
These catalogs, which may be purchased in the Gift Shoppe, represent the museum’s work to fulfill its mission to inform people about their culture and the culture of others through the collection, preservation, exhibition and interpretation of local, regional, national and international art.
Selected examples include:
- Art of the Native American: Kevin Red Star and his Friends
- Crossroads: Spirituality in American Folk Traditions
- Art of the American Frontier
- Kentucky Traditions in American Landscape Painting
- Kentucky Women Artists (1850-2000)
- Kentucky Expatriates: Natives and Notable Visitors
- Christianity and the Visual Arts: Kentucky Collections
- Kentucky Spirit: The Naïve Tradition
- 200 Years of Kentucky Craft.